Orley Services – Supported Accommodation is Level 3 accredited. Established in 2000, we are a private residential service fully accredited by the government to provide homelike, supportive Accommodation in the community for people with an intellectual disability or mental health condition.
Ideally, we are suited to persons with low care needs wishing to live in long-term homelike Accommodation that offers a sense of community. We provide access to 24-hour support, nutritious meals and personal care services (medication administration assistance).
All residents have access:
- external support services,
- accountable financial and clerical support,
- medication assistance,
- health care coordination,
- help with clothing and hygiene management,
- common living areas,
- leisure activities,
- social networking and participation in decision-making processes.
We offer an on-site laundry service, telephone and access to NBN internet and cable TV. The facility can accommodate 17 residents in single or companion air-conditioned carpeted rooms (most with ensuites).
Close to public transport, shops, ATM's, medical centres, forested walking tracks and the Camira recreation reserve.
Orley Services – Supported Accommodation aims:
to be creative and responsive to the residents' needs and aspirations whilst assisting them to connect to the community.
We Value: Accountability, Empathy, Openness, Participation, Innovation, Quality, Inclusiveness, Honesty and Integrity.
Our Mission is to:
- respect and empower people with a disability to engage in opportunities of their choice in a supportive and inclusive environment
- be the first-choice service for people living with a disability or mental health issues
- empower people with a disability to implement their NDIS plans to achieve their personal goals
- develop services to enhance your quality of life.
We support the principles of collaborative care in disability services, where residents and carers work together to assist service users in being more in control of their own lives and practising this in a supportive environment.
Orley Services – Supported Accommodation works closely with a range of other organisations and key stakeholders:
- the National Disability Insurance Scheme (NDIS),
- Aged Care Package providers,
- Integrated Mental Health Services,
- Office of the Public Trustee,
- Office of the Public Guardian,
- Community Visitor,
- and residents' support systems (family, friends, significant others).
We also work with independent service providers (medical practitioners, dental clinics, podiatrists, physiotherapists and hairdressers). Many of the services listed attend on-site.
All Orley Services' staff are dedicated, compassionate, caring and fully qualified, trained and competent to assist residents. Our supportive, collaborative care model helps residents live the life they desire with a bit of extra support.
Benefits of living within Orley Services Supported Accommodation;
- safe, supervised Accommodation supports holistic individual needs and requirements, with 24-hour access to staff on-site or on-call,
- supervised meal preparation and service six times a day. Nutritious meals - with meal planning to cater for individual requirements and flexibility. Meal preparation based on principles of good nutrition and hygiene with involvement and participation of the residents,
- organised social activities with regular outings and events,
- a model of supportive and collaborative care assists residents to maintain and build skills in activities of daily living,
- appropriately trained and qualified staff, including the owner-operator who is a registered nurse with health promotional qualifications,
- daily medication delivery to site.
Orley Services – Supported Accommodation Rental Cost:
Orley Services – Supported Accommodation charges within the industry standards of up to 85% of a persons' disability pension rate combined with Centrelink rent assistance. Accommodation costs include meals, cleaning, personal care service, access to appropriate services, laundry usage, medication administration, and amenities.
Rent is paid every fortnight, preferably via public trust deposit, centre pay deductions or direct bank deposit, and must remain two weeks in advance. Other terms are as per the Residential Tenancy Agreement Rooming Form (R18) requirements.
Personal expenditure will include the following contributions; supply of own basics for personal care, external activities, events and group participation, public transport, and participation in the Residents' Social Club. Further, the resident will meet any damages incurred to the property by the resident.